• Tenants
Expand All
Collapse All
  • 1. How do I arrange to inspect a property?

    We suggest driving by the property before arranging an inspection, to ensure the location meets your requirements. Once you have driven by the property, please contact us to arrange an inspection. During the inspection, we will provide a copy of the General Tenancy Agreement and Special Terms.

  • 2. How to I apply for a property?

    Please click here to apply for a rental property.

  • 3. Approved now what?

    Once you have been approved by the lessor, we will contact you with notice of approval and invite you to our office to sign the General Tenancy Agreement. Your two weeks rent, and full bond are required within 24 hours to secure the property.

  • 4. Connecting utilities

    Direct Connect offers a fast, easy-to-use and completely free service for anyone moving home to help connect with electricity, gas, phone, internet, pay TV, insurance, removalists, truck hire, cleaning and more.

    Click here to visit Direct Connect

    Should you choose to take advantage of this service, please contact your property manager.

  • 5. General Maintenance and Emergency Maintenance

    How do I advise the property manager of a maintenance issue?

    If there is a need for property repairs and maintenance, then we need to be informed in writing. You can fill out the form and it will be automatically sent to your property manager.

    Please complete the form on this page

    Emergency Maintenance may include:

    • Burst water service

    • Gas leak

    • Blocked or broken toilet

    • Fault/damage likely to cause injury

    • Serious roof leak

    • Electrical shock/fault

  • 6. Smoke Alarms

    Tenants must:

    • test and clean (by vacuuming or dusting) smoke alarms at least once every 12 months

    • replace any flat or nearly flat batteries

    • advise the property manager/owner if there is any issue with the alarm (apart from batteries)

    • allow the property owner/manager right of entry to install smoke alarms.

    The tenant must not remove a smoke alarm, remove the battery (other than to replace it) or do anything to reduce the effectiveness of the alarm (e.g. paint it).

    Further information can be found on:


  • 7. Can a friend move in?

    All additional tenants have to complete our application process and sign onto the lease. We reserve the right to refuse your request if the property is unsuitable for an additional person, or the person you are proposing does not meet our eligibility criteria.

  • 8. How can I pay my rent?

    Direct debit is the preferred method of rental payments. Please refer to the information sheet provided.

    It is your responsibility as the account holder to increase the amount of the direct debit (if or when necessary) and cancel the direct debit authorisation at the end of your Tenancy. As we are NOT the account holder, we CAN NOT change any direct debit authorisation.

    Rent is to be received in our Trust Account on the day the Rent is due – You will need to make sure you pay the rent with enough time for the bank transfer.

  • 9. Insurance

    We advise ALL TENANTS to insure their own contents as they are NOT covered under the Lessor’s policies.

  • 10. Parking of cars

    All cars, motorbikes, trailers, campervans, caravans, boats and trucks are to be parked in designated parking areas ONLY. Do not park on front lawn areas, or on Body Corporate designated common areas (where applicable). It is the Tenants responsibility to repair any damage done when parking cars etc. in such areas.

    Oil stains on driveways is the Tenant’s responsibility to remove before vacating the Property. To avoid such damage we recommend the purchase of a drip tray.

  • 11. Property Inspections

    We will inspect a property every 3 or 4 months. An Entry Notice is issued when an inspection is due, this is sent via email, we will also SMS you to advise we have sent the entry notice via email.

    We will give you plenty of notice to prepare and give you a 2-hour time frame of when we’ll enter. You can choose to be there, but it’s not necessary.

    On the Entry Notice we will let you know a day and approximate entry time via an RTA Form 9 Entry Notice. Due to time restraints and schedules allocated for property inspections, it is difficult to rearrange times, however, in extreme circumstances, please contact our office to request a change of entry.

    The purpose of an inspection is to ensure the property is clean and tidy and to identify if repairs and maintenance are needed. A report is prepared and forwarded to the property owner. We take photos, these are forwarded to the owner.

  • 12. Can I have a pet?

    You may only keep pets at your property if you have been granted permission on your lease. If you are found to have a pet at your property without permission, you will be in violation of your tenancy agreement. Hence, if you are considering getting a pet, do not do it without first finding out if it can be added to your lease.

    If you do have an approved pet at your property, you must abide by the following responsibilities:

    • Keep the yard clean and ensure no holes are dug or damage occurs to the garden

    • In the event of any fleas or flea eggs being present, you will need to arrange for flea fumigation of the property at your own expense.

    • At vacate time, you will be required to do a pest treatment even if there are no fleas present

    • Cover the cost of any damage to the premises caused by the animal.

    • You must abide by all local, city or state laws, licensing and health requirements regarding pets, including vaccinations.

    Failure to comply with these terms shall give the owner the right to revoke permission to keep the pet, and is also grounds for further action and costs.

  • 13. Do I have to pay water?

    The landlord may pass on water consumption charges if the property is water efficient and water is separately metered. Excess water charges will be passed on to tenants where the property is separately metered but not water efficient.


  • 14. Pools and Pool Fencing


    If you wish to have a pool of any size, it may require fencing due to Legislation. You must first seek permission from the Lessor in writing for the pool. If permission is granted, it is then the responsibility of the Tenant to ensure that ALL fencing requirements are met in accordance with relevant legislation. We recommend you contact the Queensland Government and your local Council for further information.

  • 15. Moving out

    Please contact your Property Manager to arrange a vacate meeting.

    Two (2) weeks’ notice in writing is required if you intend to vacate on the lease expiry date or after that date. Please click link below for RTA Form 13.


  • 16. Breaking a lease agreement

    If you wish to vacate the property DURING your Tenancy, please contact your Property Manager immediately and make an appointment at which time the Property Manager will advise you of your obligations during this process.

  • 17. Further information and links

    Below are some useful forms produced by the RTA Qld to assist you in knowing your responsibilities of renting a property in Queensland:



Contact us now if you want Australia’s foremost Property Management Specialists to manage your property!

Do you own a property?

We offer the highest rental returns, shortest vacancy periods and dedicated communication!

You have everything to gain and nothing to lose with our 30 day service guarantee.

Email us